After a few weeks of use, I would like to add a few more bullets to my previous review of the Sony Viao S560P:
Things I like:
- The comfortable balance of power and portability is just what I needed. I’m happy with it’s weight and handling, and equally impressed with it’s performance (despite only 512MB of RAM.)
- I love the wifi. It’s strong, and I’ve been able to use it in many locations without issue.
- It feels great in my hand when I’m carrying it, particularly the rounded hinge edge. Smooth!
Things i don’t like:
- It runs hot; really hot. It feel like it raises my body temperature, and sometimes it makes me sweat when it’s on my lap.
- The touchpad isn’t as consistent as other laptops I’ve owned. I like to click using the pad, and this doesn’t work 100% of the time. Sometimes the mouse movement is sluggish as well.
- The headphone levels seem really low, even when everything is maxed out. Listening to Blues Clues on the plane with my son was tricky, but still effective.
I’m writing this 800 miles from home and untethered to the ether…that’s why I love this thing. I still recommend it without question.